Friday 4 November 2011

Do Children Nonetheless Want Soft Toys?

I decided to do a small study on the recognition of toys right after watching Saturday morning tv and seeing the similar adverts repeated over and more than. As a child I played with a range of soft toy animals but I was seeing practically nothing but plastic toy playsets for sale on the Tv. As an owner of a toy shop I was excited by the concept of running an experiment to see what is additional well-known...plastic toy playsets or soft toy animals?

I began monitoring the various product groups such as teddy bears, soft toy farm animals, safari toys, ocean creatures and so on. As my monitoring of these product groups went on I discovered that smaller toys were by far additional well-liked that bigger, bulkier toys, most likely due to the fact people today can purchase much more for their cash and maybe they're simpler to wrap as presents, I know I had rather a lot of problems attempting to package up the larger animals to be posted. The plastic toys sold, but as they had been unbranded the were extremely slow to start with and a few months later are nonetheless only trickling by way of, though this may be a small unfair as the range truly isn't major sufficient to let individuals to browse in the same way they can with the soft toy animals.

Christmas was the genuinely fascinating time of year. I couldn't get sufficient soft toy animals, but sold quite few teddy bears. I sold plenty of soft toy reindeer, farm animals, owls, dog cats, giraffes had been very, really common as properly as rural and countryside animals, and I got the impression it was additional the selection of the adults buying the products than the young children asking for them.

My final conclusion? Is that people today are switching from the regular teddy bears and playsets to additional exotic creatures, perhaps that they and their families saw on tv. So I will now be adapting my business to incorporate additional of these goods, as nicely as continuously monitoring the item categories in the very same way all year round.

So when peoples getting habits alter once more, if a neighborhood zoo has a new birth and it's on the news or of I see that there is a tv programme about a group of animals and everyone begins searching for them on search engines...I'll be ready for it with a new range of goods and suppliers waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment